Next level LiDAR
for next level driving
Making autonomous transportation happen
Self-driving cars used to be science fiction. But already today, they redefine the way we move, how we transport goods, and the way we live together. SCANTINEL PHOTONICS develops LiDAR technologies that show autonomous vehicles their way. We believe that they will soon become as much a part of our lives as laptop computers and smartphones.
Bringing self driving technology to people and markets
It is our aim that many people benefit from the advantages of autonomous driving. At SCANTINEL PHOTONICS, a high-profile team of experts is working to make reliable LiDAR sensor technology not only possible, but also marketable. We cooperate closely with vehicle manufacturers and their technology partners in order to precisely meet their requirements.
How LiDAR works
SCANTINEL PHOTONICS relies on coherent (FMCW) LiDAR to generate three-dimensional images of the environment, thus creating a reliable basis for autonomous navigation. The LiDAR technology from SCANTINEL PHOTONICS combines coherent ranging and spectral scanning on a solid-state platform. This allows an exact detection of the environment of the vehicle combined with high range, reliability, compactness, and low costs.
Our unique approach on FMCW LiDAR
Why LiDAR by
- High reliability
The integration on a silicon wafer platform eliminates error-prone assembly and calibration steps.
- High pixel rate
The core of the system concept is its scalability to high pixel rates through efficient multiplexing.
- Long range
In coherent ranging, every photon returned from the object to the detector counts. This high sensitivity enables efficient object detection over long ranges.
- Simultaneous range and velocity
The distance and speed of the object are measured simultaneously for each pixel. This provides more reliable object detection.
Coherent ranging is neither disturbed by low sun nor by oncoming LiDAR systems.
- Small size and low cost at volumes
Coherent ranging allows the integration of the lasers, detectors, and a large part of the optical components on a silicon wafer platform (photonic integration).
- Fast time-to-market
We use existing processes suitable for mass production for the photonically integrated components. Whenever the performance of photonics is not yet sufficient today, we implement the function in sophisticated macroscopic optics that are also suitable for mass production.
SCANTINEL PHOTONICS – three good reasons
SCANTINEL PHOTONICS was launched as a venture of Carl Zeiss AG, building on the experience and know-how of the world’s leading company in the optical and optoelectronic industry. This gives Scantinel access to ZEISS Technology platforms and expertise.
- BRIDGER PHOTONICS, a ZEISS venture company, leading in FMCW LiDAR technology.
- IMEC, the leading European research center in the field of silicon photonics
Strong ideas and patents
At present more than 30 pending patents protect the development of SCANTINEL PHOTONICS’ LiDAR technology.
Meet our Team
Join our Team
Join us as we solve the challenges of autonomous driving with LiDAR technology. We need strong minds and good team players. And we are looking forward to your application.
At Scantinel Photonics you will contribute to the development of the key optical sensor technology enabling fully autonomous vehicles in the future. You will work in a very dynamic market environment and in close co-operation with a range of international technology partners with leading industry expertise in their fields. We value openness, trust and empowerment, enabling everyone in the team to thrive on the grounds of the high scientific, technological & business targets we aim for.
Scantinel Photonics is backed by ZEISS Ventures.
SCANTINEL PHOTONICS is a high-tech startup in the field of LiDAR technologies developing the key optical sensors enabling fully autonomous vehicles in the future. Such cars will come to reality faster than you can imagine. Our expertise is based on our years together at the optical technologies market leader ZEISS. To complete our team of experts, we are looking for passionate and talented people who will enjoy the ride with us!
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop concepts and implement real time software and FPGA designs for controlling our unique integrated scanner which is implemented on a photonic integrated circuit
- Develop concepts and implement real time software and FPGA designs for efficient data analysis within FMCW LiDAR systems
- Align concepts and architectures within Scantinel team
- Support lab and test site activities with embedded software, FPGA designs and test scripts
- Documentation of the concepts and development results
- Prototyping of algorithms e.g. in MatLab or Python
You should have:
- A university degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience in embedded software development
- Good knowledge in communication engineering, signal- and system theory, digital signal processing, control theory, image processing, computer vision, statistics
- Experience in C/C++, Matlab and/or Python
- Experience in FPGA Programming using Xilinx Vivado and/or LabView FPGA
- Experience in using Linux operating system and in software development for/with Linux
- Good Know How in Hardware and proven experience in Hardware-Software Co-Design
- Willingness of working in fast-moving environments with high levels of ambiguity and rapidly changing markets as well as a ‘hands-on-attitude’
- Very good communication skills
- Fluent English skills
At Scantinel you have the great opportunity to work in a very dynamic market environment and in close cooperation with international technology partners with leading industry expertise in their fields. You get in touch with leading suppliers and OEMs in the automotive industry. You will find a very challenging environment, working in a team of highly qualified scientists and engineers who value openness, trust and empowerment. These shared values enable you to directly influence the future directions of our technology & business targets, that’s to say to influence the future of autonomous driving. It’s our best guarantee for success.
Let´s go together along in innovative ways to make our roads safer and accidents a thing of the past with your competence, your passion and your enthusiasm for disruptive technologies!
Scantinel Photonics is backed by ZEISS Ventures.
- +49 731/79 08 26 91
Phone: +49 731 79 08 26 90